Friday, April 4, 2014

Whatever is true, kind, noble...

I'm working on trying to keep my mind focused on positive things as the bible says in Philippians 4:8, "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable--if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise--dwell on these things." 

I'm realizing that even the little negative things can really affect my attitude.  My week has been filled with ups and downs as usual, but I am beginning to glimpse the light at the end of this tunnel I am traveling.  There is still work to be done and more waiting until I get there, but it ended on a good note.  Or at least I think my attitude is changing a bit for the better.  God is showing me the triggers that turn my joy into fear and in getting to recognize triggers, perhaps I can learn better how to avoid them or negate them.

Earlier this week for the first time in as long as I can recall, I came home from work, relaxed and when it was time to prepare for dinner, I felt like it was Friday night and wasn't stressed for the upcoming day's responsibilities.  What a breath of fresh air that was!

I'm seeing God working again.  Not that He ever stopped, but I am recognizing it again.  A co-worker of mine who has already lost a spouse to a terminal illness is going through it again.  I don't know the extent of how God might use my experience with cancer to touch her life, but I am much more compassionate than I might have been and thankful for the ability to understand where she is coming from.

Seeing her struggle to grieve and the look of emotional panic in her eyes, I can't make it better, but I can listen.  I can allow her time to grieve.  They need a miracle or it will be a matter of extending life...modern medicine cannot cure this illness.  Despite her grief, her attitude is why I respect her so much.  Her heart is to preserve her husband's dignity, quality of life, and respect his decisions.  Please join me in lifting her up in prayer.  They are both believers.

On a more positive note, I have seen some of my staff look to God for answers to a problem they were having and see how He works things out for the better.   A relationship headed downhill, while disagreeing doctrinally with each other, they both sought the Lord and He has provided a way where they can create a more healthy distance while maintaining a respectful attitude towards each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment