Sunday, April 13, 2014

Where Feet May Fail (Oceans by Hillsong)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2PNTq_-mZs

This is one of my new favorite songs.  It is so full of worship and humbling yourself before the Lord.  One of my favorite lines is "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders..."

God has really been speaking to me in the lyrics of Christian music lately.  The words of the songs that wake me up each morning speak to my heart and sometimes seem to be God speaking literally to me using those words.  At church, the lyrics of the worship music touches my heart and I recognize that they are exactly the words I need to pay attention to because they deal specifically with the focus of change that God is working in me.

My relationship with God has been more open.  Since I got angry with Him and realized how I have tried to speak in a "holy" manner when I pray, I am doing my best to be completely honest with myself and with God.  By tearing down that wall of pretending I am better than I am, I feel closer to my Lord.  I perceive that He is involved in my life and cares dearly for me.  That wall that pushed Him away is slowly disappearing and that's a really cool thing.

As I write this and it is a positive blog, I am also praying for protection and that I am able to continue to put aside my need to be "perfect" in God's eyes.  I have another challenge coming up and it could easily bring me back to a low place.  So please pray with me that I will remain faithful and trusting wholly in the Lord to lead, to guide, and to protect and provide through these coming challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment