Monday, July 25, 2016

Update

Grief over my former co-worker's death is still in process.  I know she is in Heaven without a doubt and not being close to her, I don't really miss her...sorry if that sounds heartless, it wasn't intended that way.  I hurt for her family.  My thoughts are filled with what they must be going through.  Especially her daughter, they were very close, and to be dealing with severe injuries and surgery without your mom must be awful.  Life changes without warning sometimes.

In other news, I do not have gestational diabetes thankfully.  That means they will allow me to attempt a natural birth, although I've been warned that a C-section could still happen depending on how labor progresses.  I am scared of surgery mainly because I know it lengthens recovery time and I want so much to get back to my normal self and care for my family the way I would like to.

Being this enormously pregnant, I can't do much at all anymore.  I spent most of this past weekend simply keeping my feet up and trying to avoid swelling too much.  It really doesn't matter what I do, my feet are just fat.  Even just sitting in a regular chair or on the couch, they will balloon up if I don't put them up.  My compression socks help a little.

I tried to shave this morning.  Ha!  I even bought an electric razor, but I could barely reach all of my leg to get the job done.  When I sit down, my belly literally is a finger width or two from touching the chair I am sitting on.  Huge.  Simply huge.  Hopefully it is the last time I will need to shave before delivery!

Tomorrow at my OB appointment, the doctor is planning to do a sweep to separate the amniotic sac from the cervix.  50% of the time, it starts labor within 3-days.  I sure hope so.  I am more than ready to meet this little baby and move on with life again.  It seems at a standstill just waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment