Saturday, January 14, 2012

3:00am too late to be writing?

My mind is busy assaulting me.  My daughter's favorite cartoon show song is replaying in my head continually...even as I was sleeping!

I think my mind is cluttered.  I've been doing a 15 day challenge half-heartedly about Decluttering Life.  I don't know if it is adding more clutter or helping the clutter in my brain.  I don't know if organizing everything in my brain is where my focus needs to be right now.  I want to focus more on letting go and giving God control.  My quiet times have been going through a change.  Now that my hubby is getting back to his normal self, I'm not alone as often.  We'll stay up late together and I'll be too tired to spend time with God, or I'll shorten my time so we can turn the light off and get to bed.  In the mornings I've been hitting the snooze more often than not and I've missed some important times.  I truly miss having those moments with God.  As life is changing, I need that time of refreshing and I need to find the best way to make it work for me.  And, to stop hitting the snooze so many times!  I have faith that He will lead me to make better choices.

On the plus side, God is using me again.  He sent someone to me at the end of my work day who just needed a listening ear and a nudge in the right direction.  She was looking for the answer to solve the chaos in her life and I couldn't provide that.  There isn't a "tide-to-go" easy fix for life's problems.  It is something we must bring before God and seek His will for.  He promises to provide and to lead us.  He will show you and teach you as you spend time seeking Him in prayer and in His word.

It felt so awesome to be able to share the verses that God has given me over this past year and hope that they will also touch someone else's life.  I don't have all the answers.  God is my only answer.  We are each on our own journey with Him and we each have specific life circumstances and situations that require Heavenly guidance to navigate. 

One thing God had me share is that when we pray, He wants specifics.  He wants to hear your heart's desire.  And that heart's desire doesn't mean you need to have a life-long ambition to pray for.  It means that there is something important to you, something you spend a lot of time thinking about and desiring for your life.  Mine is sometimes as simple as asking God to help me make better choices so I can be a more 'present' parent or just pouring out my heart to Him.  There are times when I have been so overwhelmed with life that it is the only thing I can do, just vent to the Lord, tell Him your fears, your hopes, your dreams, the problems you don't know what to do to fix.  You don't even have to phrase it in a request or have any fancy words.  He wants your heart.  Give it to Him and enjoy the blessings of Peace that come when you allow Him to work in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment