Monday, January 2, 2012

Ahh...vacation finally hit!

Now that my Christmas vacation is almost over, I'm finally beginning to feel a little more relaxed.  My days off were full of activity, but many things were accomplished and many good memories made with my family. 

Writing my last blog really helped me to see where all my stress was coming from and how it wasn't as monumental as I imagined.  I've been keeping up my quiet times with the Lord in the mornings and evenings.  Sometimes I miss one or the other, but I try not to miss too many.  I love my study bible.  It explains a lot that I don't understand in some of the verses I'm reading through.  I also love to see how the Greek/Hebrew original words add a new meaning to the English translation.  God is just.  He is faithful.  He is amazingly patient and understanding.  He loves eternally, and nothing anyone does can remove stop that love.  He forgives.  God is Love.  When was the last time you spent time with him?

I started a "Prayer Journal" a while back, just writing down my prayers each morning and night as I spend time with God.  It is amazing.  He answers the little prayers.  The ones I forget about after asking for them.  For instance, I'll ask Him to help me make better choices, and when I look back at my day, I can see where He has come through for me.  If I hadn't written it down, I may never have noticed or acknowledged the answered prayers.  He cares about each moment.  Each step of my daily activities and when I let Him, He blesses me and teaches me.  I pray that I can continue to keep my eyes on Him and to be humble to allow Him free reign in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment