Sunday, February 2, 2014

Superbowl Anyone?

This year's super bowl was a huge disappointment.  Only one team showed up and it wasn't my family's team...  :(   Oh well, just a game, right...well, if you're a die-hard football fan, don't answer that!

The rest of my weekend has been pretty great.  After a really difficult month being short-staffed and employees pretending they don't know our policies, I am looking forward to starting the interview process this next week, and relieved at an answer to prayer. 

It wasn't even a prayer I had spoken or formed words for, but it solved a dilemma I wasn't sure how to fix.  One of my employees and I have struggled off and on the past few months.  Her perspective didn't match with mine and my attempts to help her become more of a team player failed.  She ended up turning in her notice and I was surprised at the peace that filled me when I received her resignation.  I had hoped to work through the challenges with her and see her become a strong part of our team, but I guess God has other things in mind.

Our first staff meeting of the month was also this week and I really felt good about it.  I shared my vision for our program, some of the changes coming up and expectations I have for how our program will run.  I know it was received well by some, others I think will accept the changes as they come.  It was one of the first meetings where I was strong as a leader on my own, not depending on anyone and being very clear about what I expected. 

At church this weekend, it felt like icing on the cake.  My hubby wasn't able to join us as he wasn't feeling well, and even though I was alone, I was happy to be in the presence of the Lord and glad for my children to be in Sunday School.  The sermon was on prayer and that is a topic I haven't really focused on much before.  I enjoyed the tidbits and when we got home, my hubby talked about getting on the prayer chain email list and praying as a family.  That is uber exciting to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment