Friday, June 12, 2020

Math Shopping!

Shopping for curriculum is a blast!  At least once I figure out what to buy.  I've been researching curriculum choices for next year.  It has taken me months and I'm still not done.  Usually I have everything purchased by now.  Part of it is lack of free time, and the other part is that I am trying really hard to make wise choices for our first year of high school.

Math is a big challenge!  I have one child who picks up math concepts quickly and one child who struggles.  We are getting into higher math and the lessons are becoming more difficult and extremely time consuming.  Our current curriculum just isn't working for us anymore.

So, in my research I found an awesome program that was a bit pricey, but more affordable than others.  It came with an instructor with a PhD and online lessons I wouldn't have to teach.  I showed it to my girls.  They hated it. They said his voice was too annoying and they couldn't stand it.

I tried another one that I thought might be an acceptable curriculum.  One loved it the other hated it.

Today, we looked at another curriculum.  It teaches to both the visual and the auditory learners.  My struggling mathematician thought it was exactly what she needed.  My quick-learner was interested in learning more about it.  We're going to do a two-week free trial and then decide.  If it works for us, not only does it have a lot to offer, but it will do most of the teaching for me so that I will have more time to teach other kiddos while they are doing math!

No comments:

Post a Comment