Saturday, June 4, 2011

Faith vs. the World

Getting back into church on a regular basis is so awesome.  I love the sermons and the lessons learned.  I also love the inspiration to reach out to others.  I just wish some of that could spill over and last throughout the week.  It is all too frequent to have something happen that distracts or brings negative emotions to turn thoughts away from inspiration to "reality"?

Life is funny that way.  Humans are funny that way.  Spiritual battles are constantly raging and in these times it seems that there are more demonic activities going on than ever before.  More lies, more distortion of truth, and rampant accepted sin in the world.  At times I want to surround myself in Christ.  To shelter myself and my loved ones away from the world...but we are called to go out into the world.  I can't very well do that if I completely shelter myself.  Is this overwhelming to think of to you too?  :)

The importance of truly knowing the Bible and spending time with the Lord seeking his guidance and direction is increasing dramatically.  I pray I am up to the task for myself, as a person, as a mother, as a wife, and as a witness to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment