Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pre Op Appointment

We had a good pre op appointment with the doctor.  It was very informative about what to expect.  We don't have to do the fat free diet after surgery -Praise the Lord!  Also, the incision will be smaller than what I was thinking it would be, so God willing, recovery won't be as bad as I was fearing!

We did more blood work to test for cancer "markers".  If the markers come back elevated the surgery is off and chemo is on.  I'm expecting them to be at normal levels because they were last time...I pray they are normal.

We also printed off the actual reports from prior testing.  In the notes of the pathology report it said a lymph node was more "prominent" causing them to look at it closer.  It still fit within normal ranges, but it reassures me of our choice for the surgery.  If it was a growing cancer mass, we will be getting it out soon!

I also am preparing for my absence at work and it was so thrilling to pass off some of my most detested tasks.  I'm getting excited to see family and spend time 100% focused on my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment