Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Resting in His promises.

The hospital stay continues.  Living mostly at the hospital and partly at home is tiring.  Our family is ready to be home together.  Everything improved so much today, hopefully the end of the hospital stay is near.  I took a lesson learned not too long ago and put it into practice....it made my outlook on this journey much more positive.

In Genesis when God created the world, each verse says "there was evening and morning, the (first) day".  As such, we rest before we work (unless you work the night shift).  Use the evening to spend your time preparing yourself for the next day.  After putting the kids to bed I was tired and unable to focus for long, but I needed time with God and determined to do my best.  I was reading in Jeremiah because I knew of one verse there that I really like, and then I found another one that states things I already know, but it was good for my heart to read it as stated directly from God and not some human being.

The first verses I knew:  Jeremiah 29:11-14a "For I know the plans I have for you' -this is the Lord's declaration- 'plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  You will call to Me and I will listen to you.  you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you.' -this is the Lord's declaration..." HCSB

The ones I found: Jeremiah 31:33b-34 "I will put My teaching within them and write it on their hearts.  I will be their God, and they will be My people.  No longer will one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they will all know Me, from the least to the greatest of them' -this is the Lord's declaration. 'For I will forgive their wrongdoing and never again remember their sin." HCSB

Spending time reading the Word and surrendering myself to Him brings such a peace of mind.  Even when the verses that touch my heart don't obviously make a statement about my life circumstances, they do make a statement to my frame of mind and my spiritual journey.  It reminds me to keep my focus on the important things and to trust God to care for everything...especially things I cannot control or have the energy to think about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment