Thursday, March 17, 2011

Surgery Date and Planning

Surgery has just been scheduled and now the planning and preparations truly get underway.  My emotions are very unstable right now and I don't know quite why.  My guess is concern over my children during this time and of course for my husband's recovery.  It is expected to be a grueling process for him from the research I have done.

Sometimes when I take a step back and look through this blog and my life's recent events I can't believe that I am the one in the middle of this chaos.  I don't know how I am making it through other than the grace of God.  Now that I know I've got another surgery to get my family through, I am recognizing the unconscious stress.  I sleep a more shallow sleep...no dreams that I remember, but vague thoughts and the word surgery with images of the surgeon and my husband's faces.  I awake for no apparent reason and in the morning I feel as though I could sleep another few hours.  I will probably go and take a break after this to just spend some time away from life and rest in the arms of God.

It's ironic.  A few months ago my life was good from the outside and I was only dealing with my own struggles.  Now my world is tossed upside-down and I barely even recognize the old worries I used to have.  They seem stupid and so ridiculous compared to what my family is going through right now.  Finances and future planning seems to be just a passing thought fluttering by in the wind somewhere out there...I only focus on those I love and what they need.  I've been told to take time for me, but I feel better when I know my husband and my children are stable and comfortable.  I don't have any desires for myself right now...I just want everything to work out okay and have my family whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment