Sunday, March 27, 2011

Be Still and Know that I AM GOD.

The second day at the hospital started out great.  Then after a morning nap the pain increased and it felt like we were back at square one.  His body was slow to get going after such a big surgery and he needed more medical intervention to help his body have time to start up again.  It was very scary and very stressful.  Drama, drama, drama.  It was one step forward and two steps back.  Family once again stepped in and were there with us.  I shot off prayer requests via text messaging and silently prayed.  Tests showed he was okay, just in need of a slower recovery plan.  We got a new nurse who was kind enough to explain the delays and medications and reasonings for the actions she took.  The other good outcome was that we figured out exactly what was needed to manage his pain levels.  Once we could do that, the other steps to recovery were once again within reach.

The third day was much less eventful.  Still perfecting the pain management, but learning more and more.  Our children came to visit and I was finally able to take them home for the night as a not-quite-complete family.  They immediately showed a decreased stress level in their behavior.  It was relieving to have family stay with my husband while I was caring for our children.  It was so relaxing to be at home too.  I was able to prepare the house for his home-coming and be my own person again.

I had been missing my alone time in my own space.  I had been missing my time with God.  I prayed a lot in the hospital, but with so much going on and having family not active in their faith around, I didn't find/make that time to just be quiet with God.  Once you know that peace when you are still and quiet with the Lord, you miss it when you don't get it.  Especially when the world around you is so unfamiliar.

No comments:

Post a Comment