Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Carrying Each Other's Burdens

The day of surgery is ever nearer and I find myself almost detached...aren't I supposed to be emotional or something?  :)  ..."and my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

As I am doing loads of laundry and packing for the big event, it is not about me anymore.  It is about supporting my husband as he prepares for a life altering surgery with a long road to full recovery.  It is about preparing for my children as they will be cared for by other family members.  It is about spending time in prayer so that when the time comes, I can be the godly support, comforter, encourager that my family needs.

I still have remaining concerns over my family being separated for a short while, but I am accepting of the situation.  I know my place and my God-given priorities.  I trust that God will provide the wisdom and discernment to know when and where I need to be during this time. 

Thank you, Lord, for the peace you have surrounded me with.  Thank you for being my rock, the foundation I can fall upon to lift me up and keep me from crumbling.  Thank you for your children who are lifting us up and providing for us in the ways you have called them to.  I place my household under the protection of the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ tonight and the remainder of this journey.  Enable us to get the rest we need and to remain healthy.  I pray you would also surround my husband and my children with your peace.  I pray that the cancer would fully be removed and you would deliver us from this trial.  I praise you for doing what is best for us in all circumstances that may come.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment