Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Beginning

I accepted Christ at a young age.  I was raised in the church and had a lot of head knowledge about my faith, but I did not really understand what it was to have a relationship with God...to really know him.  I married very young and in my early adult years my heart felt empty, void of emotion towards God.  I knew faith was supposed to be alive, active.  I was supposed to have a desire to spend time reading my Bible and knowing God more.  Slowly I realized that in all my faith and years as a "Christian", I did not know my God.  I knew all about him and the traditions of religion, but I did not KNOW him.  I began my journey of truly seeking him, praying to know him more and to have the desire to know him.  I will never be the same.  My life is now an adventure of learning more about the awesome God who created me and loves me so much that he gave everything for me to be able to be a part of his life.  The same God loves you more than you know and wants you to know him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment