Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Peaceful Patience

The one constant in life is change.  It is the only thing I know I can expect.  I never know when or how, but it is inevitable.

My workplace is going through change.  My viewpoint isn't one you'd expect, and I'm intrigued by my calmness.  I know it is the faith that God is growing in my life.  I have learned to trust Him fully in my life and now that new faith is being perfected through these new challenges of change.  From a worldly perspective, it would be the perfect time to run away and seek something more stable and secure.  But I keep on keeping on.  I trust in my Lord.  He will provide no matter what outcome lands in my lap.  He has me where I am for a purpose.  Whether that purpose is to grow me personally, or to aid in growth He desires for another one of His precious children.  I believe it is for both purposes.

No, I am not always this confident or calm.  I have my moments of emotional meltdowns and my wonderful hubby bears these times out with me, even though I know it can be hard for him.  I have times of self-doubt and second guessing.  I have times of fear and worries of the what if's.  But as I go through more of those times, I see a new perspective and I am learning how Satan manipulates my weak moments to try and create chaos in my mind.  I am learning how to avoid him, to turn away and seek the Lord instead of allowing those things to overwhelm me.  Keeping my eyes on my Lord and not on the waves, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment