Thursday, September 1, 2011

Faint light at the end of the tunnel...

Praise the Lord.  He is so good.  He let me see a glimpse of hope today and not just in one area of my life, but in two!  I can see how He is orchestrating the environment of the events in my life and the lives of others for the better.  Not just to save us from our struggles, but that we will be able to help others who are in similar situations.

For instance, my husband worked in a cancer center for 5 years and stayed with the same company after moving to a different department.  He completed his BA degree and for over a year could not find a job in his chosen field.  Because he was still with the same company when he was diagnosed with cancer, he had full benefits and supplemental income benefits to help during his surgeries and time away from work.  Many bosses would not have had the patience to wait for him (being gone longer than FMLA provides for), but his particular boss is a cancer survivor and not only has supported him professionally, but also personally as no other employer would have done.  God provided for my husband all the way and continues to do so.  In our new non-physical struggles God is also providing and guiding us.  He's providing help and the willingness to look into getting help.  It amazes me and I am so grateful.

With the other instance of hope, God is showing me through the lives of godly women around me, just how present He is in our lives.  I am witnessing the struggles of other women and seeing the hope God has given them and the power we have to support each other and be the hands and feet of Christ.  It is so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment